David Kaplan, MD, MPH/MSPH
Professor, Pediatrics-Adolescent Medicine
Conditions & Treatments
Pediatrics, Board Certification
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine, Board Certification
- Child and Teen Health - Teen Health
- Mental Health and Behavior - Anxiety
- Mental Health and Behavior - Depression
- Mental Health and Behavior - Eating Disorders
- Mental Health and Behavior - Stress
- Symptoms and Manifestations - Headache
- Symptoms and Manifestations - Nausea and Vomiting
- Symptoms and Manifestations - Abdominal Pain
- Symptoms and Manifestations - Breathing Problems
Clinical Interest for Patients
I am interested in seeing adolescents with complex physical and emotional problems. Many of the teens I see have been out of school for a number of weeks because of poorly controlled symptoms such as headaches, abdominal pain, dizziness, nausea/vomiting and other chronic symptoms.
Working with adolescents couldn't be more fun. I strive to provide the best care for my patients. I believe in treating the person as a whole, taking every aspect of a patient's physical and emotional health into consideration during diagnosis and treatment.
In my spare time, I love to: paint (abstract expressionist); fly fish; build computers; take macro photographs; hike & camp; cross country ski; garden; raise chickens; make wine; and read mysteries.
I am dedicated to improving adolescent health in rural areas and developing countries. Following residency I worked on the Yakima Indian Reservation, and have continued to contribute to Native American Health in a number of capacities. Over the last 5 years, I have been collaborating with Pediatricians in India interested in developing Adolescent Medicine in their country.