Robert Kramer, MD
Professor, Pediatrics-Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Co-Medical Director, DHI
Director of Endoscopy
Associate Fellowship Program Director
Conditions & Treatments
Pediatrics - Pediatric Gastroenterology, Board Certification
Pediatrics, Board Certification
Institute for Healthcare Quality and Safety at University of Colorado, Certificate
- Digestive System
- Digestive System - Celiac Disease
- Digestive System - Colonoscopy
- Digestive System - Gastroenterology (Stomach, Bowel, General GI Problems)
- Digestive System - Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Digestive System - Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, microscopic colitis
- Digestive System - Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Digestive System - Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Food, Nutrition and Metabolism
- Symptoms and Manifestations
- Symptoms and Manifestations - Abdominal Pain
- Symptoms and Manifestations - Heartburn
- Symptoms and Manifestations - Nausea and Vomiting
Clinical Interest for Patients
My clinical interests cross the spectrum of general pediatric gastroenterology, treating symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, difficulty swallowing, feeding problems, poor weight gain/growth delay and more.
My treatment philosophy is centered on the premise that there is no better "specialist" for any given child than their parent. Listening closely to what parents are seeing and saying about their children's GI symptoms is the key to deciphering those symptoms to achieve successful diagnosis and treatment.
In my spare time I enjoy snowboarding, golfing, going to the gym, drawing, building projects in my garage and watching my daughters compete in swimming and soccer.
I have been a recreational soccer coach for many years.
I am frequently asked to speak about button battery and other foreign body ingestions in children, Celiac disease, ERCP/ biliary endoscopy in children, quality improvement in endoscopy, endoscopic placement of feeding tubes and adverse events in pediatric endoscopy.