Michael Kim, MD
Associate Professor, Medicine-Cardiology
Director, Structural Heart Disease Program
Conditions & Treatments
Internal Medicine - Cardiology, Board Certification
Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease, Board Certification
Internal Medicine, Board Certification
Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology, Board Certification
- Heart and Circulation - Angina
- Heart and Circulation - Angioplasty
- Heart and Circulation - Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart and Circulation - Coronary Disease
- Heart and Circulation - Heart Attack
- Heart and Circulation - Heart Diseases
- Heart and Circulation - Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart and Circulation - Interventional Cardiology
Clinical Interest for Patients
Dr. Kim is an expert in structural heart disease interventions encompassing the full array of catheter-based valvular (e.g. transcatheter aortic valve replacement [TAVR], transcatheter mitral valve repair [MitraClip], balloon aortic and mitral valvuloplasty) and non-valvular (i.e., transcatheter closure of "holes in the heart" [PFO/ASD/VSD] and other defects such as paravalvular leaks and pseudoaneurysms, transcatheter occlusion of the left atrial appendage for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation) therapies. He is also an expert in advanced coronary interventions.
"My goal is to provide patients with comprehensive cardiovascular care and emphasize a strong patient-physician relationship, both in the acute setting and in the setting of clinic-based continuous care."
Golfing, biking, skiing and spending time with his wife and family.