CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Naresh Mandava, MD
Chair, Department of Ophthalmology
Sue Anschutz-Rodgers Chair in Retinal Diseases
Co-Director, Vitreoretinal Diseases and Surgery Fellowship
Conditions & Treatments
Ophthalmology, Board Certification
Medical and Surgical Vitreoretinal Disease, Specialized Training
- Endocrine System (Hormones)
Endocrine System (Hormones) - Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eyes and Vision
Diabetic Eye Disease
Uveitis and Ocular Immunology
Eye and/or Orbital Surgery
Clinical Interest for Patients
I specialize in the treatment of all vitreoretinal disorders including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachment. I take care of common retinal disorders and receive many referrals for complex surgeries and medical retinal conditions as well.
Our group is committed to providing the most cutting edge care available in the world for our patients. We believe that the patient knowledge is critical in understanding their eye disease and being an integral part of the solutions for it. Only in an environment such as ours with exceptional patient satisfaction ratings and clinical outcomes can this type of care thrive and be commonplace.
I enjoy playing tennis and spending time with my wife and children.
Through education, research, and clinical care, I feel my responsibility is to improve eye healthcare in our region, nationally, and internationally. I participate in research, educational, and clinical activities in our region and worldwide to improve our ability to care for those suffering from visually threatening eye disease