CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Michael Dayton, MD
Vice Chair of Education
Conditions & Treatments
Orthopedic Surgery - Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics, Board Certification
- Bones, Joints and Muscles
Clinical Interest for Patients
I specialize in complex adult reconstruction and total joint replacement of the lower extremity, with an emphasis on minimally invasive techniques.
Our group is committed to providing the highest quality professional and ethical care to all patients through integration of comprehensive education and exceptional musculoskeletal research.
My personal interests include hunting, fishing, skiing, biking, fly-tying, musical composition and performance.
I am committed to the education of future medical professionals. I have served in many capacities for the orthopaedic residency and fellowship programs at University of Colorado School of Medicine. Currently, I am Vice Chair of Education and Program Director of the Orthopedic Residency.
Adult Reconstruction and Orthopedic Education