CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Emmy Betz, MD
Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine
Emergency Department - Anschutz
12505 E. 16th Ave
More providers at this location
University of Colorado Hospital
Conditions & Treatments
American Board of Emergency Medicine, Board Certification
In my clinical care and research, I am committed to person-centered, evidence-based approaches. My multi-disciplinary research group conducts research to prevent injuries through: communication and connection, informed decision-making, and efficient and effective interventions in healthcare settings. This includes a new Firearm Injury Prevention Initiative: https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/emergency-medicine/research/labs/firearm-injury-prevention-initiative-betz
I co-founded and lead the Colorado Firearm Safety Coalition https://coloradofirearmsafetycoalition.org/
I enjoy public speaking in small and large venues. Past talks have covered issues related to suicide, firearms, older driver safety, and collaborative decision making. In 2015 I gave a TEDxMileHigh talk: https://youtu.be/PwBgcjDVxxE