CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Ryan Ballard, PA
Certified Physician Assistant
Conditions & Treatments
Orthopedic Surgery - Pediatric Orthopedics
Certified Physician Assistant, Certificate
- Bones, Joints and Muscles
Clinical Interest for Patients
I work in the Spine Program at Children's Hospital Colorado in conjunction with Dr. Mark Erickson. My clinical interests include treatment of children and young adults with spinal disorders including: idiopathic scoliosis, congenital scoliosis, early onset scoliosis, neuromuscular scoliosis, kyphosis, spondylolisthesis, spinal trauma, as well as general pediatric orthopedic conditions.
I am committed to providing the highest quality, professional, and ethical care to all patients. I work as a team with Dr. Mark Erickson and we share a care philosophy that the entire family, including the patient, should be involved in the decision making and care. At Children's Hospital Colorado we have amazing resources at our disposal specifically geared towards treating the pediatric and young adult patient. Our team concept of treating the patient involves not only the physician and physician assistant but a multidisciplinary approach from a team of pediatric specialty trained experts including: anesthesiologists, nurses, physical therapists, social workers, nutritionists, and child life specialists. The spine team at Children's Colorado is one of the top pediatric spine care teams in the country.
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my wife and 2 children. We like to get up to the mountains when we can for skiing and spending time with family. My hobbies include carpentry and building custom furniture.