CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Evalina Burger-Van der Walt, MD
UCHealth Spine Center - Anschutz Medical Campus
Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion - 1st Floor
12605 E. 16th Avenue
More providers at this location
University of Colorado Hospital
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Conditions & Treatments
Orthopedic Surgery, Board Certification
Orthopedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
- Bones, Joints and Muscles
Neck Disorders and Injuries
- Spinal Deformity
Clinical Interest for Patients
I specialize in the treatment of most spinal diseases in adults. I am particularly interested in complex spinal surgery, adult deformity and scoliosis.
Our group is committed to providing the highest quality professional and ethical care to all patients through integration of comprehensive education and exceptional musculoskeletal research.
I enjoy music and hunting.
I am committed to the education of future medical professionals. I am very active in mentorship of medical students, orthopaedic surgery residents and spine fellows at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, as well as providing them many research opportunities. I also serve on the parent council at the University of Denver.
The aging spine
Woman in Spine surgery