To protect patients, visitors and health care workers, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be rescheduled or converted to telehealth visits.
- Any patient checking in must tell staff and ask for a mask if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Anyone under 16 years of age NOT being seen as a patient is restricted from visiting any area.
- Visitor restrictions are in place. Please call to inquire about exceptions.
For general information, please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
Evalina Burger-Van der Walt, MD
UCHealth Spine Center - Anschutz Medical Campus
Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion - 1st Floor
12605 E. 16th Avenue
More providers at this location
University of Colorado Hospital
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Conditions & Treatments
Orthopedic Surgery, Board Certification
Orthopedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
- Bones, Joints and Muscles
Neck Disorders and Injuries
- Spinal Deformity
Clinical Interest for Patients
I specialize in the treatment of most spinal diseases in adults. I am particularly interested in complex spinal surgery, adult deformity and scoliosis.
Our group is committed to providing the highest quality professional and ethical care to all patients through integration of comprehensive education and exceptional musculoskeletal research.
I enjoy music and hunting.
I am committed to the education of future medical professionals. I am very active in mentorship of medical students, orthopaedic surgery residents and spine fellows at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, as well as providing them many research opportunities. I also serve on the parent council at the University of Denver.
The aging spine
Woman in Spine surgery