CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Marius Birlea, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Practice, Neurology
English, Romanian, Spanish
Conditions & Treatments
Neurology, Board Certification
UCNS Headache Medicine Certified, Certificate
- Brain and Nervous System
Traumatic and Acquired Brain Injuries
Clinical Interest for Patients
My many clinical interest include any head and face pain conditions, viral infections of the nervous system, low/high spinal fluid pressure conditions as well as stroke or neurological disorders that are post traumatic, inflammatory or involve peripheral nervous system
I dedicate all my attention to the patient in front of me and is always my pleasure to be available whenever necessary with questions or concerns.
Whenever possible, I love spending time with my family (wife and two children) and reading, listening to music, playing soccer.
Raising awareness on migraine
Various headache topics