CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Scott Laker, MD
Associate Professor, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Conditions & Treatments
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Pain Medicine, Board Certification
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Board Certification
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Sports Medicine, Board Certification
- Bones, Joints and Muscles
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Hip Injuries and Disorders
Knee Injuries and Disorders
Leg Injuries and Disorders
Neck Disorders and Injuries
Shoulder Injuries and Disorders
Sprains and Strains
- Brain and Nervous System
Spine Diseases and Conditions
Trauma / Nerve Injuries
- Wellness and Lifestyle
Wellness and Lifestyle - Exercise and Physical Fitness
Clinical Interest for Patients
I treat a large spectrum of non-surgical sports and spine conditions including sports-related concussion, sports injuries, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, herniated discs, and radiculopathy. I'm trained in the use spinal injections, peripheral joint injection therapy, and EMG/NCS.
Previously serving as a member of the University of Washington Sports and Spine Physicians and a founding member of the Seattle Sports Concussion Program, I've cared for athletes at all levels of participation from adolescents to adults and from amateurs to professionals.
I work with patients to create individualized treatment plans to help them reach their goals, whether it be recovery from injury, maintenance of chronic conditions, or overall performance improvement.