CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Tom Purcell, MD, MBA
Associate Professor, Medicine-Medical Oncology
Executive Medical Director of Cancer Services; University of Colorado Hospital
Associate Director for Clinical Services; University of Colorado Cancer Center
Chief Medical Officer - UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospital
System Director - Oncology Service Line; UCHealth
Conditions & Treatments
Internal Medicine, Board Certification
Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology, Board Certification
Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
Clinical Interest for Patients
I am a medical oncologist focusing on the treatment of gastrointestinal and lung cancers as well as experimental drug development.
I love being part of a team and want to be true partner in your cancer care. At the University of Colorado Cancer Center, we are able to bring the absolute best science, technology and multidisciplinary expertise to the clinic. As important, I hope to bring clear communication and compassion that you so deserve in your care. It is truly a privilege for me to be a physician serving cancer patients.
In my spare time, I enjoy trying to stay in shape (I know, that sounds crazy!) and most sports, especially football. I have two beautiful daughters and enjoy travel and activities at my church.