CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Victor Villalobos, MD, PhD
Associate Professor, Medicine-Medical Oncology
Director, Sarcoma Medical Oncology
Conditions & Treatments
Internal Medicine, Board Certification
Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology, Board Certification
Clinical Interest for Patients
My clinical practice is primarily focused on the treatment and management of patients with sarcomas. Sarcomas are a diverse set of greater than 50 different types of very rare tumors that arise from soft tissues (muscle, fat, ligaments, etc.) and bone. Making up only 1% of all cancers, the proper treatment of these types of cancer is often complex and requires a multidisciplinary and often innovative approaches to achieve the best outcomes. My involvement in the developmental therapeutics team also allows me access different investigational treatment options, other than standard chemotherapy regimens.
We have developed an innovative multidisciplinary clinical approach to expedite the planning and initiation of proper therapy for our sarcoma patients. We bring patients in and they are seen on the same visit by a team represented by medical oncology, surgical oncology, orthopedic oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, radiology and other surgical teams as needed. We also have dietitians, social workers and support staff to help with other aspects of the care plan.
I strive to provide the best care for my patients, first and foremost by being open and honest with them. My team will work hard to support you through this often difficult diagnosis and treatment process.
In my spare time, I like to spend time with my wife and two daughters, ride my bicycle and read science fiction novels.
I am happy to speak at regional institutions about referrals and clinical trials options for patients with sarcoma.