CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Fernando Holguin, MD
Professor, Medicine-Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care
Director Asthma Clinical and Research Programs
Allergy & Asthma Clinic - Anschutz
1635 Aurora Ct
More providers at this location
University of Colorado Hospital
Conditions & Treatments
Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine, Board Certification
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease, Board Certification
Masters in Public Health, Other
- Lungs and Breathing
Clinical Interest for Patients
My many clinical interests include asthma, asthma that is difficult to treat or severe asthma
I strive to provide the best possible care and to treat each patient with compassion and respect.
I enjoy skiing, reading, spending time with family and friends
I direct the Latino Center for Research and Policy Center, focusing on Latino Health Disparities
I regularly speak on matters related to asthma clinical and translational research