CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Braden Mayer, MD
Assistant Professor, Orthopedics
Conditions & Treatments
Orthopedics - Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Board Certification
AAOS Orthopedic Surgery, Board Certification
- Bones, Joints and Muscles
Hip Injuries and Disorders
Knee Injuries and Disorders
Shoulder Injuries and Disorders
Clinical Interest for Patients
Dr. Mayer is interested in the treatment of recreational and professional athletes with focus on minimally invasive shoulder and knee arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, and cartilage restoration. In addition to his residency and Sports Medicine fellowship training, Dr. Mayer completed additional training with world renowned shoulder surgeon Professor Christian Gerber in Zurich, Switzerland with emphasis on complex shoulder disorders and replacements.
In addition to his clinical practice, he currently serves as a Team Physician for the Denver Broncos and Associate Team Physician for the Colorado Rockies.
We have a unique opportunity at Steadman Hawkins Clinic Denver to utilize the knowledge gained from research and experience with orthopaedic conditions ranging from professional sports injuries to arthritis in order to deliver the best care possible tailored to each patient’s needs.
Dr. Mayer is interested in the treatment of recreational and professional athletes. He currently serves as an assistant team physician for the Denver Broncos and associate team physician for the Colorado Rockies.