CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Madhukar Kollengode, MD
Assistant Professor, Medicine-Cardiology
Conditions & Treatments
Internal Medicine - Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Board Certification
Internal Medicine - Cardiology, Board Certification
Internal Medicine, Board Certification
Pediatrics, Board Certification
National Board of Echocardiography - Testamur, Board Certification
- Critical Care
- Heart and Circulation
Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Congenital Heart Disease
Heart Valve Diseases
High Blood Pressure
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Clinical Interest for Patients
My clinical interests include care and treatment for adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease, as well as adults with acquired heart disease. I have expertise in the use of cardiac MRI in diagnosis and surveillance of a variety of heart conditions.
I strive to provide the best care for my patients, and work to do this by taking the time to get to know my patients as well as their medical issues. I believe that educating patients about their health is an integral part of the care process, and make an effort to do so at every visit.