CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Susan Apkon, MD
Visiting Professor, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Fischahs Chair in Pediatric Rehabilitation
Chief Pediatric Rehabilitation
Vice-Chair Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, Board Certification
Pediatrics, Board Certification
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Board Certification
Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, Board Certification
Clinical Interest for Patients
My clinical interests include the care of children and adolescents with neuromuscular conditions including muscular dystrophy and spinal muscular atrophy. In addition I have a clinical interest in the care of children with cerebral palsy.
I am committed to providing the highest level of care to children and their families. My approach to care is to focus on a child's functional abilities in the setting of their underlying medical condition with the ultimate goal of maximizing their ability to participate in family and community activities.