CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Robert Doebele, MD, PhD
Associate Professor, Medicine-Medical Oncology
Associate Professor of Medicine
ORIEN Scientific Officer
Molecular Tumor Board, Co-Director
Director, Thoracic Oncology Research Initiative
Conditions & Treatments
Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology, Board Certification
Clinical Interest for Patients
I am interested in advancing precision medicine for lung cancer which includes identifying new gene targets. It also includes understanding mechanisms of resistance to targeted therapies. When I am not seeing patients in the clinic I run a laboratory that is developing new models for cancer research and studying mechanisms of drug resistance to targeted therapies.
Providing the most up-to-date care for lung care using precision medicine and immunotherapy approaches when appropriate.
Skiing, hiking, camping, and travel.
I lecture across the US and the world on oncogene-targeted therapies and drug resistance.