CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Paul Maroni, MD
Associate Professor, Surgery-Urology
Clinical Director of Urologic Oncology
Conditions & Treatments
Urology, Board Certification
- Men's Health
- Transgender Health
Clinical Interest for Patients
My main interests are robotic or daVinci surgery for prostate or kidney cancer. I have done about 1000 robotic prostate removals (as of 2019). I care a great deal about doing a good job with this operation including nerve-sparing surgery when appropriate. I also specialize in complex abdominal surgery for metastatic testicular cancer. This operation is called Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection or RPLND.
Testimonial from a prostate cancer patient:
"Please feel free to use my story as needed to reassure future Prostate Cancer victims...and Radical Prostatectomy candidates/patients in general...that there is indeed life after a cancer diagnosis and that a Prostatectomy (at least one done with your skills) won't keep them from taking on strenuous physical challenges."
I also treat men with enlargement of the prostate gland. I perform a number of procedures including Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate or HoLEP.
A diagnosis of cancer is awful. I view the patient relationship as a partnership and focus on educating in clear terms. I try my best to give every patient the time they deserve. We use a team approach to provide the very best cancer care!
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, long-distance running, snowboarding, and biking.
I speak at regional and national meetings about physician wellness and burnout.