CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Edwin deZoeten, MD, PhD
Associate Professor, Pediatrics-Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Director-Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
Conditions & Treatments
Pediatrics - Pediatric Gastroenterology, Board Certification
Pediatrics, Board Certification
- Digestive System
Gastroenterology (Stomach, Bowel, General GI Problems)
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, microscopic colitis
Clinical Interest for Patients
My clinical interests include the care and treatment of patients with Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Novel treatments for IBD, as well as Immunodeficiencies affecting the gastrointestinal system, and other issues involving the GI tract.
I take into account the entire child in developing a plan for patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I work with Dieticians, Psychologists and Social Workers to develop a therapeutic plan. I strive to listen to patients concerns and thoughts and work with the patient and family to come to a mutually agreed upon therapy that I think will benefit my patients. I focus on evidence based medicine to guide these decisions.
In my spare time I enjoy skiing, hiking, cooking and my children