Clinical Interests for Referring Providers
My passion is the management of all non-coronary arterial diseases and central venous disorders. For this reason, I completed a a Vascular Medicine and Interventional Fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital, affiliated with the Harvard School of Medicine, following my Interventional Cardiology training at the University of Colorado.
Accordingly, I have expertise in the following areas:
1. Medical and endovascular management of carotid artery disease (and vertebral artery disease) due atherosclerosis, fibromuscular dysplasia, and spontaneous dissection.
2. Medical and endovascular management of renovascular diseases including renal artery stenosis due to atherosclerosis and fibromuscular dysplasia and acute renovascular disorders (eg., spontaneous renal artery dissection, thromboembolism of the renal arteries or veins).
3. Medical and endovascular management of mesenteric diseases including chronic mesenteric ischemia, acute mesenteric ischemia, and non-atherosclerotic mesenteric diseases.
4. Medical and endovascular management of peripheral arterial disease of the upper and lower extremities including obstructive subclavian atherosclerotic disease, arterial thoracic outlet syndrome, obstructive lower extremity atherosclerotic disease causing claudication or critical limb ischemia, acute limb ischemia, and non-atherosclerotic causes of claudication (popliteal artery entrapment, endofibrosis, exertional compartment syndrome).
5. Diagnostic evaluation and catheter-directed therapy (venoplasty, stenting, thrombolysis) of central venous disorders including venous thoracic outlet syndrome, May-Thurner syndrome, and acute deep venous thromboses.
6. Evaluation and catheter-directed therapy for submassive acute pulmonary emboli including pulmonary angiography and catheter-directed thrombolysis or thrombectomy.
Research Interest for Referring Providers
I am currently beginning involvement in randomized trials in non-coronary vascular diseases including carotid stenting registries, renal denervation trial for essential hypertension, drug-coated angioplasty of superficial femoral arterial disease, and other trials with the Colorado Prevention Center.