CU Doctors are here for you!
Our clinics are open and able to serve you during this time for urgent in-person visits as well as virtual health services. Please call our clinics directly to schedule an appointment for both in person and virtual health.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our patients, their family members, as well as our health care team. To honor this commitment we have implemented the following procedures:
- Non-urgent medical appointments should be converted to telehealth visits or rescheduled if telehealth is not feasible.
- Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear. Patients checking in must tell staff if they have: A fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
- Adult patients may be allowed one asymptomatic person (at least 17 years old) for support; however, we reserve the right to deem a support person unnecessary at any time.
- Pediatric patients may be allowed one asymptomatic adult (i.e. parent, guardian) for support.
- For pediatric patients, please check the Children's Hospital Colorado website for updated COVID-19 related patient information.
Please call us about your current health care concerns. Please take care in following current public health guidelines. Please visit the Colorado COVID-19 website, for more information.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
Thomas Smith, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Practice, Pediatrics-Heme/Onc and Bone Marrow Transplantation
Conditions & Treatments
Pediatrics - Pediatric Hematology / Oncology, Board Certification
Pediatrics, Board Certification
- Blood / Lymphatic System
Clinical Interest for Patients
I treat all types of pediatric and adolescent cancers and blood problems.
I consider it a privilege to help my patients and families in any way possible. During these difficult times, our team will personally help to address your individual issues, medically, emotionally and socially. We are here to help in good times and bad. The last thing I say before I leave the room is, "is there anything else I can do to help?"
I treasure the time I spend with my patients, both on and off therapy. I enjoy activities with my wife and 3 grown children (when then are in town). I have a wide variety of both outdoor and cultural interests. I am an avid skier, mountaineer (climbed all the 14ers), cyclist (captain of our Wheels of Justice Courage Classic team) and still play basketball twice weekly. My favorite novel is Moby Dick and favorite movies include Shaft, Jeremiah Johnson and Casablanca (none less than 30 years old).
Wheels of Justice - captain; Caruso Family Charities - Board Member; Rocky Mountain Childhood Cancer Society - Board Member; Shining Stars - Advisor and Camp Physician; Brent's Place - Board Member; Denver Clinical and Pathologic Society - President